Donation Request Letter — In the implementation of a certain event or activity, there are several factors that affect the smooth running of the event or activity. One of the factors that often becomes an obstacle is problems related to finance or sources of funds. To solve the problem of sources of funds, this can be done with inter-member fees.
There could be some problems such as requiring a large amount of funds but it cannot be fulfilled. Maybe one solution we can do is to ask for help from certain parties who have great financial strength to donate some of the funds they have to support the smooth running of the events or activities that we will carry out. In asking for these funds, there are definitely procedures to be done.
Main Points in Making a Donation Request Letter
There are several main points that can be used as a reference when compiling this donation request letter, including the following:
- Identity of the applicant. If we are making a request on behalf of our personal, then we must include our identity. And if the request is made on behalf of the organization, also state the name of our organization. This is so that the target party does not feel confused.
- Fill in the application. Submit the contents of the application with polite, concise and clear grammar. By using polite sentences, this will be a separate consideration by the party we are addressing.
- Purpose or reasons for the application. State the purpose or reason for the application. Our reasons must be clear and not contain any form of deception.
- The expected deadline for answers given. If the request we submit is related to a certain time period, for example, such as a request for funding, then we are allowed to submit a deadline for answers from the destination party.
- Statement of seriousness of the application. At the end of this Application Letter we close with a statement that the application was made truthfully and without negative elements in any form.
Format of a Request Letter
Because this donation request is an official letter, there must be an application letter format. There are several formats that must be included in each request letter making. This format must be written in order and completely. Below is a request letter format:
Letterhead or Head of Letter
Can also be used for placement of letter titles. First and foremost in the donation request letter is the letterhead or letterhead, which is located at the top of the letter with a flat format. But if the sender is not from an official institution the letter head can be changed to a letter title. On the letterhead, there is the name of the official agency or institution related to the sender of the letter and includes a logo as well as a complete address.
Time of the Letter
The meaning is about the time of writing as well as determining the deadline for letter responses. This section is usually listed in the initial position after the letterhead, to be precise on the right. However, it can also be written at the end of the letter after the closing greeting and before the signature along with the full name.
Official letters also have a letter number section, which serves to provide the order in which a donation request letter is written. It is usually located first after the letterhead, just below the left, and before or just above the attachment.
Subjects and Attachments
You can write attachments if there are important files other than letters that can support the statement of content in them. Attachments can also be left out if there are no other files that need to be stated as supporting letters.
Opening and Closing Greetings
Every type of letter, whether official or official, as well as a donation request letter, of course, must have an opening and closing greeting. As you generally know, the location of the greeting is at the beginning of the opening before the body of the letter, and after the subject. Meanwhile, the closing salutations are at the end of the letter, precisely after the contents of the letter and before writing the bright name and signature of the sender of the letter.
Identity of sender and recipient
Another important aspect of the application letter is the identity of the applicant and the recipient of the letter. Identity can provide clarity about the purpose for which the letter was written to both parties concerned. The identity of the sender and recipient can be put at the beginning or at the end of the letter, depending on the interests of the sender of the letter.
The contents of the letter
The contents of the letter are of course written in the middle of the letter. In this section you as the sender of the donation request letter can write down everything needed in detail related to the purpose of the letter application that you are making. Usually the contents of the letter consist of one or two paragraphs which are written in a concise, concise and clear manner.
Signature and Nickname
The last most important part is the signature as well as the nickname. The identity of the owner of the name and signature is the sender of the letter or the applicant. Write a signature using a pen with black ink, and you don’t need to put a stamp even though this letter is included in the official category.
What is Needed in the Request Letter
In this donation request letter, a proposal for funding assistance is usually included which contains details of activity funds and the amount of funds needed to meet the costs of carrying out these activities. Several things that must be considered in preparing an Application for Funds Assistance include:
- Clearly state the parties to be requested for financial assistance.
- Mention the name of the organization or committee that will carry out the activity.
- Explain the purpose of requesting funds and explain what the funds will be used for later.
- Also state the nominal amount of assistance funds needed if possible.
- Describe the technicality of providing these funds, whether they must be given directly to the parties concerned or can use the media transfer from a bank account.
Donation Request Letter Template
Purpose and Function of Request Letter
As discussed a little above, the purpose of an application letter is to submit a request for something to a party that is bound to a formal institution. In addition, this donation request letter also has the use of being used as evidence in writing about what we will carry out in order to get help or support from the recipient of the letter.
The request letter has an important function, for example when the sender or the applicant concerned has an interest in achieving the expected future. And based on the purpose, there are many types of application letters that you can write based on your needs.
A donation request letter is also a sign that the applicant respects the aid provider. Requests for assistance can also be made between individuals and individuals, individuals and agencies, or between agencies. The purpose of requesting assistance also varies, some are asking for fee waivers, tuition assistance, sponsorship assistance, and others.