Goal Setting Template for Your Life — As an entrepreneur, of course you have goals that you really want to achieve. The thing that makes you so want to achieve it and takes a variety of ways to get it. Whether it’s a short term plan, or a long term. In the long run, maybe you want your business to be known overseas, to be a big business and spread all over the city, or to be a business that creates many jobs for the benefit of society.
As for the short term, maybe you want to reduce expenses, increase revenue, or get high-end customers. When setting a goal, it must be something you really want to achieve and crave for. That way, you indirectly get the motivation to take action immediately. It’s different if it’s not what you really want, you may not be overly excited and don’t enjoy the process.
Each goal that you make has its own priority level. Some are very important, important and not very important in the short term. Your job is to classify them into a priority scale, which you can do by making a goal setting template. Because you may not do everything at one time, then do one by one from the most priority on your list.
Here are the Best Steps in Making the Correct Goal Setting
Set a Dream or Life Goal
Having a dream or life goal can be very simple, for example, such as:
- I want to be the best father for my children
- I want to be an artist with quality work to be known to the whole world
- I want to build a large company that creates products for the welfare of mankind
- I want to solve problems hunger around the world
- I want to be a success inspiration for fellow disabled people
By setting goals like the above will give us a long-term vision, as well as short-term motivation, because we know every action we take will lead us to a big, noble goal in life.
Set Specific Goals
The first point is to emphasize the importance of setting specific targets for a goal setting template; it must really be specific. Avoid targets that are too general or lack of details. Targets should not be ambiguous, must be clear, and be explained in straightforward language. Specific goal criteria, namely:
- Make goals focused and well defined – goals that are more specific have a greater chance of being achieved than goals that are still general in nature.
- When you are setting goals, make sure you can answer these 6W questions:
- Who – Who is involved?
- What – What targets are you trying to achieve?
- Where – Where will the target be achieved?
- When – When will this target be achieved? Set a deadline
- Which – What requirements and obstacles will you encounter in the process? Identify this.
- Why – why did you set this goal? Write down the reasons and benefits if you managed to achieve your target.
Set Realistic and Achievable Goals
This third point emphasizes that targets must be realistic and attainable, meaning that targets should not be made too easy for your team’s standard performance, but also shouldn’t be too difficult so that it feels impossible to achieve. To make your targets reach you need to:
- Assess whether the goals you have set can be achieved or not, by measuring them from the team workload, team knowledge and abilities or from other supportive resources. If not, then you can set other goals that you can achieve in the present.
- targets Attainable will also answer questions, such as: Do you have a strong commitment to achieving your goals? Are there other, bigger goals that you would like to achieve?
Create Relevant Goals Targets
If the goals are achieved, it will propel teams, departments and organizations forward. A target that supports or is in line with other targets will be considered a relevant target.
A relevant target will provide a ‘yes’ answer to all of these questions:
- Is this target worth fighting for?
- Is this target at the right time?
- Does this target match your other needs and targets?
- Are you the right person to pursue this target?
Have your Goals Written Down
In making a goal setting template, it is a great idea to write it down. Physical writing makes targets more real, so it’s not easy to forget them. Use more definite words like “should” instead of “want”. For example: I have to finish my college this year, by studying 4 hours every day, apart from class. And this article can be placed in a place that we can always see, so that it can encourage us every day.
Create an Action Plan
Often times we are just passionate about making our final destination so forget to set the steps that must be taken along the way. Yet it is precisely the small steps that lead us to big results. For example:
Goal: Become a famous artist.
- exercise regularly to maintain appearance,
- create a special Instagram account with quality content,
- collaborate with editors,
- and so on.
Also make resolutions every year to be more focused in setting goals with the help of a goal setting template.
Consider Advice from Experienced People
Don’t just focus on the results, but also appreciate every process that is passed. You must have plans from A to Z and thoughts from B, C, E, F, and so on. Every process you go through, of course, has its own difficulties. The stages you have created may also need to be updated in the middle.
A quote mentioned that “Successful entrepreneurs map their goals for achieving them. They develop maps for achieving goals or dealing with uncertainty and taking action.” which is also why it is important to make a goal setting template. Throughout the trip, seek advice from your peers – trusted former business partners, advisors or mentors. They may have insights that will be one of the keys to the success of your business.
As we grow older, of course our goals whether they are personal or professional, they will change, because people always change. If there is a goal that we cannot achieve, then we can always change it. Don’t be too focused on what the goal is. What matters is what you actually do with them and how you strive to achieve them, with the help of a goal setting template.