A personal reference letter is a letter issued to explain a person’s behavior and performance within a certain period of time. This letter can be used as a reference and proof that the job applicant has work experience in the specific field that is being applied.
This letter can be used as material for company considerations for applicants to apply for new jobs. This letter also describes the applicant’s status, such as an intern, contract employee, or permanent employee. The writing of this letter contains the employee’s personal data, name of company or institution, tenure, position in the company, and reasons for resignation.
A personal reference letter can be used as material for company consideration to applicants to apply for a new job. Letters of reference work describes the status of applicants, for example, are employees
Personal Reference Letter Format
To create a letter of experience or a certificate of experience, we can use a common format letter experience as follows:
Head Letter Section
Head section letter and work experience provides the institutional identity or institutions; logo, name, address, telephone number and email address.
Body Section of the Letter
This part of the work experience letter consists of:
- The title and number of the letter
- Identity of the party that provides information
- Identity of the person requesting information
- Explanation or information on work experience.
Cover section letter containing the name of personal work experience, for example, leaders of institutions or institutions that provide a description of work experience along with a signature.
The Contents of a Personal Reference Letter
In general, a personal reference letter contains a variety of personal information and also a person’s work experience. One of them is the length of time working at the company, which is an added value for an employee. Even though experience is a big consideration, we should not change jobs too often at a fast tempo. For example, changing a new job after working for only one month. Company representatives, especially HRs, will usually question why we left the place before.
The following is the content of a general reference letter:
- Employee names and employee identification numbers that make it easier for companies to be referred to, other than identity cards, such as ID cards and diplomas.
- Employee positions and work locations to make it easier for new companies or those who are applied to find out about our work background. Especially, for employees who work in companies that already have branch offices.
- The tenure that describes how long the employee worked at the previous company. The work period is calculated from the date the employee first entered until he resigned.
As explained earlier, tenure influences considerations regarding our loyalty to the company. Therefore, you should not frequently change jobs just to increase the experience in our CV.
- The signature of the official or company manager in charge of the staffing department. In this case it is usually the HR manager or supervisor, and other superiors.
- In addition to these formal requirements, a personal reference letter usually provides a description of how the employee works and the reason the work relationship ends.
Reference Letter Function
In accordance with the explanation of its meaning and contents, this letter is a description of the employee in the world of work. One of them is professionalism that can be seen from the length of work and the assessment of HRs or previous employers on our performance.
Well, a work reference letter is not only useful for that, along with other benefits.
- Authentic evidence of work experience that corroborates the information in CV. In this case, job applicants cannot lie about their work experience. Because of this, many companies have asked for this personal reference letter to be brought during an interview session.
- Fulfill the administrative requirements requested by the company. However, this administrative requirement does not need to be met by job applicants who have just graduated (fresh graduate) and be replaced with a diploma or yellow card from the Manpower Office which usually applies for jobs to government agencies.
- Evidence of professionalism because in this personal reference letter there is a performance appraisal from either the superior or the HR. One example is a description of how we went about our profession at the old company.
- Describe the positive attitudes and behavior of employees while working at the previous company. Apart from our achievements during work, this letter also contains the company’s appreciation for our attitudes and behavior in accordance with the company’s vision and mission.
Tips for Making a Personal Reference Letter
A clear employee’s description of the job
A written job description is of course what the employee took while working at the company. The description is usually adjusted to the company’s operating standards. However, it would be even better if HR asked employees about their jobs and tasks so far. That way, employees are less likely to ask for a revised personal reference letter.
Pay attention to the format of the written letter
Paklaring letter format can be made in print and email via PDF format. These two letters will be useful for future employees. One of them makes it easier for employees to attach letters to applications sent via email. In addition, HRs can also make reference letters addressed directly to HRDs in new companies. Although rare, this letter of work reference between HRs usually occurs when HRs at new companies for which employees are applying ask for the letter directly to the HR at the previous company
This greeting is not like the 4th of July Independence Day party hosted by the neighbors. The greeting here is like a greeting to the recipient or those who will read the personal reference letter. For example HR in a new company. It is best if the greeting is only one paragraph about HR or the company. This welcome helps to make a positive impression on other companies. Who knows there will be cooperation in the future.
Employees’ impressions of former employees
Impressed, trivial, but very useful. Because assessments from other employees or former colleagues can add to our selling value. Therefore, don’t be shy about asking for additional points in our paklaring letter.
Personal Reference Letter
Personal Reference Letter Template
Personal Reference Letter Example
Personal Reference Letter Format
Personal Reference Letter Sample
Personal Reference Letter a Close Friend
Personal Reference Letter Student
Character Personal Reference Letter
Personal Reference Letter for Friend
Personal Reference Letter For Grad School
Personal Reference Letter For Employer
Personal Reference Letter For scholarship
Personal Reference Letter For Job Posting
Sample Personal Character/Reference Letter From Neighbor
Personal Reference Letter From Neighbor
Personal Reference Letter From Current Employer
General Personal Reference for friend
General Personal Reference Letter
Personal Reference Letter Best Friend
Free Personal Reference Letter
Personal Reference Letter Template Word
Personal Reference Letter for Job
Personal Reference Letter for Son
Personal Reference Letter for Babysitter
Personal Reference Letter for Sister
The existence of a speech at the beginning of the letter must end with a closing word. Just as an opening sentence should only be one paragraph, so is the closing sentence. The closing sentence of this personal reference letter does not have to convince HR of other companies to employ employees whose names are listed in the letter. Usually it just says that the HR recommends the employee and hopes that the employee can be successful at the new company.
Add a thank you note for taking the time to read and study the reference letter that was created. Also add a statement that the HRD is ready to clarify or answer further questions if needed regarding the employee.
Personal Reference Letter really helps an employee to do work, especially those working in the field. This employment certificate is able to prove that someone really works in an institution or company. However, physically it is different from the usual identity card that is often pinned. This employment certificate is an official document from the company which explains that a person is indeed an employee including the position or position whose name is stated in the document. The job description document describes the status of an employee in the company. For example, internship positions, contract employees and permanent employees.
Today there are also many companies that list the tenure of the name written on the letter. The employment certificate also has various functions according to the condition of the letter holder generally used as a personal reference letter in finding a new job. This letter is usually made and issued by the company’s HRD.